Firstbase.io is a technology company helping founders, business owners and entrepreneurs incorporate in the US as a legal entity (either a C Corp or LLC). Formally forming your company is often the first step in building a presence for your business, and although Firstbase.io’s core service is to legally form your company in either Delaware or Wyoming, we aspire to support each of our customers in building a digital presence, or brand, for your newly formed company.
Whether you are one of the thousands of founders running foreign-owned US entities or a US citizen, banking institutions will require “proof” of your business. Following these 4 basic steps to build a digital presence for your business will help in the approval process:
- Company domain: Once you receive a certificate of incorporation with your company name formally registered, you should immediately look to secure a company domain to be used for email exchanges related to your business and to host your business website.
- @firstbase.io vs. @gmail.com
- @shopify.com vs. @outlook.com
- @yourcompany.com vs. @yahoo.com
- Trust: Obtaining the digital fingerprint for your business is step #1. This fingerprint will build immediate trust with anyone you interact with about your business.
- How? Currently, Firstbase.io does not have a partner to support you with this; however, you can go check out godaddy.com or google.com/domains. We will have a solution for our customers to purchase a company domain.
- Business website
- Legitimacy and Transparency: For a newly formed company, your company domain is the digital name tag for your business. Mapping your company domain to not only your email address, but also a live website with helpful content is a given.
- How? Currently, you can use the Firstbase.io partners, carrd.co, Zyro, or Versoly to setup a quick, professional website for your business. You can find information about each of these partners and the discounts we can offer for them within your Firstbase.io Account:
- LinkedIn/Angel.co Business profile and social media presence
- Brand Awareness: By publicly sharing your business on legitimate digital communities provide further validation of your business and brand.
- All of these profiles are free and very easy to step. Go directly to these sites to set up your profile and start starting and engaging with the community.
- Blog posts and published articles
- Reputation: Whether starting your own blog or publishing on third-party sites, the content you create and share leaves footprints of where you’ve been and the influence/expertise you bring to an industry or group.
- Currently, Firstbase.io doesn’t have partners to help publish your articles on third-party sites, but you can always start a blog on Medium.
Please note that we are currently building out a more valuable resource library to help with these specific steps, but in the meantime, we hope that this simple guide will support your journey in building a digital presence for your business.